Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Soul Cage is a special block which is used with a Soul Shard to spawn the type of mob which a Soul Shard d used with the Soul Cage, spawning mobs from a Soul Cage can happen much more rapidly than with a vanilla monster spawner. To use a Soul Cage, place it on the ground and then place a Soul Shard inside of the Soul Cage by right-clicking on a Soul Shard on your hotbar onto the cage. Assuming the mob's spawning conditions are met, mobs will immediately begin to spawn at a set rate based on the tier of the Soul Shard until you remove the Soul Shard. Mob spawning from the Soul Cage can be stopped with a constant redstone signal if a tier 5 Soul Shard is placed inside.
The spawn area is the same as a vanilla spawner. That is, an 8x8x3 area around the spawner (with the odd sides being towards the lower x and z coordinates).
Destroying the soul cage with a pickaxe will drop the soul cage and the last soul shard placed in it. A Soul Shard removed from a Soul Cage in this way will have the number of collected souls inside of it rounded down to the minimum number of souls for its current tier.
- Placing another shard in a soul cage that already has a shard will cause the earlier shard(s) to be lost.
- Placing a shard in a soul cage will cause any souls in excess of the number of souls required for that tier to be lost. That is, if you capture 1000 souls in a soul shard (tier 4), and then place it into a soul cage, and then destroy the soul cage, your shard will only have 512 souls (minimum for tier 4).
- you cannot put an other world mob (e.g. A wither skeleton or blaze ect.) in a soul cage unless the soul shard is tier 4 or over.
- Though only tier 5 spawners can be controlled by redstone, you can use a redstone lamp over the cage to control the light level, effectively controlling it with redstone.
- Destroying a soul cage with a Wither Skeleton shard in it will drop a Skeleton shard of the same tier. Possibly, it is because Wither Skeletons and Skeletons share the same mob ID.
- Destroying a soul cage with a Zombie Villager shard in it will drop a Zombie shard of the same tier, although it will spawn Zombie Villagers when it is a Zombie Villager shard. Again, because Zombie Villagers and Zombies share the same mob ID.