|Source Mod||RedPower 2|
A Retriever acts like a remote Filter . When it receives a Redstone Pulse, it will search for the specified items from its input side (the orange one), then send them out the output side (the small hole). It requires Blutricity to operate. Unlike a Filter, the Retriever's input and output sides work with Pneumatic Tubes , as well as Chests. This allows for more complicated designs. Note that a Retriever will send items to the closest possible destination. This can be fixed with Retrievulators, or regular intervals of chests.
The Retriever can pull specified stacks, single items, or different items, depending on its mode. The modes are:
- AnyStack Sequential (Default setting): The Retriever will try to satisfy the first preset condition it can, by moving the slider at the top horizontally from top left to bottom right. The amount of materials placed per condition matters.
- AnyItem Sequential: The Retriever will try to satisfy the first preset condition it can, by moving the slider at the top horizontally from top left to bottom right.
A Retriever requires both Blutricity and a Redstone Pulse. Common configurations include:
- A master Timer in a control room, with Wireless Receivers as dopplegangers for the actual Retrievers
- 1 Timer connected to a large line of Red Alloy Wire , with each Retriever being connected to the network
- Solar Panels on top of Retrievers
- Battery Boxes at regualr intervals, using Blue Alloy Wires underneath Retrievers
When building a factory, one must note that a Retriever will send items to the nearest possible location. So, a Retriever pulling Machine Circuits out of a Chest, for both Personal Safes and Frequency Transmitters, will send them to the closer destination. If the piping was incorrectly done, with the one sending to Personal Safes shorter by 1 Tube, the Frequency Transmitters would receive no Circuits. This problem can be easily fixed in many ways.
- Fix the Piping- Change the piping route so they are equal.
- Use Retrievulators- These make sure equal inputs (or non-equal inputs) go down both pipes.
- Chest buffers: Put chests on the pipes, and add more Retrievers, for a quick fix for this problem.