RedPower 2 is a massive mod created by Eloraam. At its core, it greatly expands and improves the functionality of redstone in Minecraft by adding common circuits abstracted to single blocks and more modular redstone cabling.
These additions, in general, allow for more complex and compact circuit designs that would have been almost impossible in vanilla Minecraft. RedPower also adds multiple machines with functions as diverse as sorting items, breaking blocks, and detecting state changes along with multiple new ores, new natural structures, new tools, and many new blocks.
RedPower has its own power system called blutricity made specifically for powering the machines included with RedPower2.
- If player clicks SOME of the compact circuits in creative mode with middle click, the game will crash and corrupt their player.dat!
- The same crash also occurs when a player in creative mode middle clicks a tile entity whilst said tile entity is moving on frames. This also corrupts the player.dat, to fix corruption, one can delete the file, however, ones inventory will get deleted.
Currently, there are four different RedPower modules, each of which can be downloaded and installed independently of one another:
- RedPower Core: necessary for all other components of the mod; it also adds crafting recipes, microblocks, and so forth.
- RedPower Digital: allows for use of Lamps, Red Alloy Wire, Bundled Cable, various Redstone wiring components (see Redstone tab of the RedPower navigation template at the bottom of this page) Lumar and so forth; requires RedPower Core to function.
- RedPower Mechanical: generates Volcanoes, various ores such as Tin Ore, Copper Ore, Tungsten Ore, Nikolite Ore and others; allows for usage of machines such as Sorting Machines, Filters, Transposers and many others; allows for the usage of computers to transfer, store and process data using a Central Processing Unit equipped with one or more 8K RAM Modules installed on Backplanes; requires RedPower Core to function.
- RedPower Compat: allows for inter-mod compatibility; makes different kinds of Tin, Copper and other ores interchangeable when smelted and interchangeable in many recipes; makes RedPower work together better with other mods such as BuildCraft and IC2; requires RedPower Core to function.
For a full list of all the things that RedPower adds, the resources below can be helpful. Note that these resources may not necessarily be accurate for Feed the Beast or modpacks that include RedPower. The navigation template at the bottom of this page (and most RedPower-related pages) is a very helpful way for navigating the massive amounts of things that RedPower adds along with being able to view a complete list of its additions.
Note: This wiki documents all four sections of the mod, so there may be either more or less items added by RedPower if the mod is manually installed without all of the components.