The ME import bus (added by Applied Energistics) is the opposite of the ME export bus, and allows you to take items from external sources such as chests and furnaces and import them into the ME network if storage is available.Attach the import bus to any block containing items and feed it into the network via ME cable. By default, it will pull all items in that unit back into the ME network. This does not affect items that were put into units such as furnaces. Instead, it will wait for the unit to finish completing its task before sucking it out and back into the network. This is useful for networks that contain an automated system such as the ME automated assembler chamber.
The import/export buses will only work when attached to the left and right sides of GregTech machines. These seem to be the only exceptions, however.
The GUI contains a small item area and two buttons. The first button describes the operating method for the import bus. It has four possible values:
- Always active - This means the bus will continually import items from its unit regardless of redstone current
- Active without signal - This means the bus will continually import items from its unit when no redstone current is active near it
- Active with signal - This means the bus will continually import items from its unit when a redstone current is active near it
- Active once per pulse - This means the bus will import items a single time when a redstone current is active near it
The second button describes the method for taking items from the unit. It has two possible values:
- Move single items - This moves items from the unit one-by-one. It consumes 1 EU per item.
- Move stacks of items - This moves full item stacks from the unit. It consumes more EU than single mode.
The item area is useful if you want to pull only specific items from the unit. For example, if you had cobblestone and stone in a chest and wanted only stone, you would put a stone block in the import bus. The block is not consumed in this process.