Factorization is a mod that aims to add machines to process ore and craft materials. More recently, a charge system has been added, which is used to power many of the machines in this mod.
There are four main uses for this mod:
- Utility items such as the pocket crafting table and barrels. The Pocket Crafting Table is an item that allows you to have a 3x3 crafting grid you carry around, and barrels can store 64 stacks of a single item type.
- The ore processing system which ultimately allows you to triple your ores.
- The crafting system which is more complicated than Autocrafting Tables but can be ultimately more flexible. It also provides the Packager, a handy way of compressing blocks for storage.
- The wrath system which allows you access to machines such as the router (which evenly distributes items between inventories), upgrades such as the extra-dimensional storage upgrade (which allows you to store up to 1024 stacks in a barrel) and the wrath lamp (which allows you to light up much larger areas than a normal light source).
First Tools & MachinesEdit
- Pocket Crafting Table
- Crafting Machines:
- Silver Ore
- Diamond Shard
- Sulfuric Acid
- Battery Block
- Lead Wire
- Solar Turbine (deprecated in favor of Steam Turbine and Solar Boiler)
- Reflective Mirror
- Charge Meter
- Steam Turbine
- Solar Boiler
Ore Processing MachinesEdit
- Furnace Heater (supports the processing machines)
- Grinder (In 1.6.4 this machine had been replaced by the Lacerator)
- Slag Furnace
Ore Processing NotesEdit
The basic ore processing method in Factorization is:
- Put Ore into a Grinder or Lacerator to produce Dirty Ore Gravel.
- Put Dirty Ore Gravel into a Mixer (with buckets of water) to produce Clean Ore Chunks. This processes Dirty Ore Gravel faster than a Grinder or Lacerator can produce it.
- Put Clean Ore Chunks into a Slag Furnace to produce Reduced Metal Chunks. About 2,3 Slag Furnaces are needed to keep up with one grinder or lacerator.
- Put Reduced Metal Chunks into a Crystallizer to get Crystallized Metals. (takes 20 minutes per cycle) About 80 Crystallizers are needed to keep up with 1 Grinder/Lacerator.
Each step gives you about a 40% boost in your metal output, if you stop and smelt what you've got at that point. If you go through the whole process you end up with about 300% of what you started with, on average.
- Wrath Igniter
- Dark Iron Ingot
- Block of Dark Iron
- Logic Matrices
- Wrath Lamp
- Bag of Holding