The Distillation Tower is a multiblock machine introduced by GregTech. It is used to turn low efficiency energy cells into higher efficiency ones.
The Distillation Tower currently has 2 recipes. Specifically, it can turn 16 Biomass Can (128k EU or 800k MJ) into 8 Biofuel Cells (or cans, 256k EU or 1,600k MJ), consuming 12,800 EU in the process. It can also turn 16 Oil Cells (1,024k EU or 960k MJ) into 16 Diesel Cells (6,144k EU or 9,600k MJ), 16 Sulfuric Acid Cells and one Glyceryl Cell , consuming 2,048,000 EU over 800 seconds.The machine requires a constant supply of 128 EU/t to operate, otherwise the energy is wasted and all progress is lost. It is strongly recommended to have a dedicated MFE for a consistent power supply. Using a pick on the Distillation Tower will break it into Machine Parts. To retrieve the actual machine, a Wrench must be used.
The recipe of the Distillation Tower block
The Structure has to be created as follows:
- First Layer: 3x3 Standard Machine Casings.
- Second Layer: Hollow middle surrounded by 8 Advanced Machine Casings.
- Third Layer: Hollow middle surrounded by 8 Standard Machine Casings.
- Fourth Layer: Hollow middle surrounded by 8 Advanced Machine Casings.
- Fifth Layer: 3x3 Standard Machine Casings.
After the Machine Casing frame is complete, the Distillation Tower block may be placed infront of any middle block of the first layer. If built correctly, the texture of the block should change.