Cables are the main electrical transport mechanism of IndustrialCraft2.
Cables are essential for crafting and connecting your electric-powered devices. With them, you can transport and store EU or create anything from basic tools to very advanced machines.
Cables can be either insulated or non-insulated. Most non-insulated cable can shock you when touched, causing damage. Insulated cable is made with rubber.
Note that the rating for each cable is actually per packet, and not total EU/t. This means that the energy from each source has to be at the rating or below, but there is no limit to overal EU/t for each cable as long as that rule is followed.
(i.e. An ultra-low-current cable (5 EU/t rating) can handle the EU/t from 32 manual watermills at once, at 1 EU/packet per mill, that's 32 EU/t total, but it will explode from the output of a batbox, which is also 32 EU/t, but also 32 EU/packet.)
Types of CableEdit
- Ultra-Low-Current Cable (5 EU/p Max. Energy Loss = 1 EU every 40 blocks.)
- Copper Cable (32 EU/p [LV] Max. Energy Loss = 1 EU every 5 blocks. (Insulated))
- Gold Cable (128 EU/p [MV] Max. Energy Loss = 1 EU every 2.5 blocks. (2xInsulation))
- Glass Fibre Cable (512 EU/p [HV] Max. Energy Loss = 1 EU every 40 blocks.)
- High-Voltage Cable (2048 EU/p [EV] Max. Energy Loss = 1 EU every 1.25 blocks. (4xInsulation))
- Superconductorwire (1,000,000 EU/p Max. Energy Loss = None.)
Copper, gold and HV cables have insulation. As mentioned above they stop from getting you shocked. Cables start to shock you at these voltages:
- Ultra-Low-Current Cable 4 EU/t
- Uninsulated High-Voltage Cable 3 EU/t
- Insulated High-Voltage Cable 130 EU/t
- 2x Insulated High-Voltage Cable 514 EU/t
- 4x Insulated High-Voltage Cable NA
- Superconductorwire 8193 EU/t*
*(The higher the voltage the more damage it does. Around the power of a fusion reactor it will kill a player with one hit even with full gravi armor)